PLC programmer and panel assembler
Summary / Responsibilities
Do you enjoy watching the "How It's Made" type shows on TV? Are you the guy that other people come to when they need something fixed. Do you enjoy figuring out how things work? Then please look over the following. Controlled Motion Dynamics, Inc. (CMDI) is a small Systems Integrator in Omaha Nebraska that specializes in electrical controls, PLC and HMI programming, industrial safety, pneumatic and hydraulic solutions for our customers. We are also a sister-company of Skarda Equipment Company and located in the same building as Skarda Equipment in downtown Omaha. Skarda Equipment is a family owned business that has been around since 1969 in the fluid power and electrical distribution business.
We are looking for a PLC Controls Technician to do a very wide variety of projects for our customers in industries such as agriculture, aerospace, food processing, medical, and specialty machine builders. Many of our systems consist of designing and assembling control panels, PLC and HMI programing, motion controls, and hydraulic power unit builds. To see a profile of some of our projects go to http://www.cmdimotion.com/projects.asp The following would describe the "perfect" candidate for this position.
Approximately 25-35% travel required. EOE.
- A 2 year technical degree or 5+ years of similar experience.
- Experience with PLC and HMI programing. Rockwell / Allen Bradley PLC's and HMI's highly sought but not critical
- A high mechanical aptitude
- Servo Motion
- Experience with motor controls and Variable Frequency Drives
- Experience with AutoCad or similar programs
- Experience with hydraulic/pneumatic systems
- Experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Able to interact with customers and outside salesmen in an intelligent and courteous manner on the phone and in person
- Ability to troubleshoot problems with equipment (ours and other companies) in a timely manner over the phone and in person
- Ability to read and interpret schematics, diagrams and manuals
- Ability to design and build a control panel as well as modify existing controls to customer's request
- Ability to work with a team and manage your project with little supervision
- Be willing to work on all phases of a project from the initial contact with the customer through the design, build and start-up at the customer's location
- Be willing to travel for start-ups and with Skarda salesmen on prospecting trips
- Be familiar with Microsoft office programs (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Willingness to learn and accept constructive criticism
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org